The holiday season is fast approaching. Halloween is right around the corner and then it is to celebrate! Family, friends, and festive meals will occupy most of November and December. Is your home ready for the festivities? Are you prepared to host out of town guests or a party-goer staying overnight? Before you string up the lights and start baking that cranberry orange bread, maybe it is time to remodel. Remodel Your Home in Time for the Holidays. This season’s remodeling can take your home to new levels in entertainment, functionality, and peace of mind.
Consider our holiday remodeling tips to prepare your home for the busy season ahead!
Home Renovations to Consider
Before inviting everyone over for the holidays, you first need to decide where to start with your remodeling. We have put together the key areas of every home.
The center of every holiday is food, and so we begin with kitchen remodeling. There are areas that you should consider when remodeling your kitchen, such as:
For effortless cleanup and durability consider hardwood flooring or tiles.
Install new counters
Granite, tile, quartz, and butcher block countertops update the focal point in your kitchen.
New Smart Appliances can help assist you in your holiday meal planning.
Install new cabinets
Replace cabinets with organizational cabinets that allow for a space for everything.
Install new lighting
Nothing worse than working in a dimly lit kitchen. Adding new upgraded energy-efficient lighting can help.
The next space that is often used is the bathroom. Impress your guests with an updated area.
- Update old sinks and tubs
- Consider a stand-in shower with high-quality tiles.
- Replace outdated flooring and add new tile flooring.
- Install new cabinets or more cabinets if you do not have enough storage space.
After a good meal, the guests can enjoy the quality time together in a great new entertainment area.
- Add a built-in movie theater room.
- Create a gaming room with a billiards table.
- Build in a custom bar with seating for everyone.
- Install surround sound for music and sporting events.
- Don’t forget a play area for the kids. Include a gaming system, surround sound, and comfortable seating.
When guests first enter your home, the first thing they see is the entryway. Make that space, both useful and welcoming with some of these great ideas:
- Upgrade your front door to a stylish energy-efficient door.
- Upgrade entry windows with energy-efficient windows.
- Add new floorings such as tile or hardwood.
- Create built-in shelving or custom closet space
- Decorate with holiday decor.
The holidays do not have to be hectic. With a few great remodeling projects, your home can be both inviting and functional. To Remodel Your Home in Time for the Holidays, contact Noma Design & Build today at (858) 373-9902.